Parking Enforcement Officers (PEO’S) enforce non-moving ordinances throughout the City of Chicago.
Principle Job Duties
- Patrols assigned areas on foot, vehicle or bicycle to enforce parking regulations/restrictions.
- Works independent or with a team member, reporting to a field supervisor.
- Issues written and/or computer generated parking citations, Transfers citation data to centralized system.
- Resolve customer complaints in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Support Special Event Enforcement of the Chicago Cubs, Chicago Sox, Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Bulls, Chicago Bears and other events in the City as requested by the City of Chicago
- Outside working conditions – must be willing to walk entire shift (6-8 hours) in all weather conditions (Rain, Snow, Heat, etc..)
- Must be open to Full-Time and/or Part-Time depending on need at time of hire.
- Working schedule includes, Weekday, Weekend and Holidays.
- Monday - Friday: 6:00 pm to 2:00 am
- Saturdays and Sunday’s: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, or 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm, or 6:00 pm to 2:00 pm based on customer need.
- Holidays: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School Graduate or Equivalent required
- Previous Customer Service positions a plus
- Conflict Management skills to handle sometimes confrontational situations with the public in protesting a citation
- Must be computer literate to enter data into handheld device
- If any unpaid parking tickets in the City of Chicago, must be on Payment Plan
- Willingness to work in the elements - heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift