Develops RFQs for products and services, including single/ sole source requirements; evaluates source justifications; evaluates bids and documents awards; with some assistance, negotiates purchase order (PO) terms; engages supplier in price negotiations; awards POs and monitors supplier compliance with PO terms; resolves or escalates performance issues; closes out POs.
1. Purchases parts, equipment, and materials by preparing request for quotations. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers with limited supervision.. Ensures timely acquisitions of products or services from known sources of supply.
2. Reviews purchase requisitions for accuracy and completeness.
3. Evaluates bids for standard and non-standard items and determines successful bidders based on price. Develops alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers. Evaluates suppliers as to production capability, performance, delivery, and other key business criteria.
4. Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfil contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery. Resolves shipment quantity discrepancies and facilitates the resolution of issues by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel. Participates in the negotiation and settlement of damage claims.
5. Participates in continuous improvement activities and provides suggestions for cost reduction and improved efficiency.
6. Understands and complies with Serco Procurement policies and procedures. Possess general understanding of federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations. Complies with Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM) policies and procedures.
7. Responsible for commodities or assignments requiring application of basic purchasing principles and concepts.
8. Identifies and recommends suppliers by investigating potential suppliers, researching parts, equipment, machinery, services, and materials availability.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. Military, numerous U.S. Federal Civilian Agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Government of Canada, State and Local Governments, and Commercial Clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco''s people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).