Serco Canada Inc. operates all the DriveTest Centres across Ontario on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation. As a customer service agent with Serco Canada Inc., you will be based out of one of our 56 Ontario DriveTest Centres. If you are a positive and professional team player who enjoys working with the public in a high energy environment, rewarding job opportunities await you at Serco Canada Inc.
Customer service agents are responsible for providing information and assisting members of the public at various stages of the driver’s licensing process. Some of the work includes responding to customer inquiries in person and on the telephone, providing information about licence rules and regulations, verifying driver records, taking applicant photos, scheduling road test appointments, collecting applicable fees, and preparing reports. Customer service agents must have excellent time management and organizational skills and exercise superior judgment skills. We require individuals who can work independently, meet deadlines, and strive to achieve customer satisfaction in all aspects of their work.
Wage rates for customer service agent positions range from $19.01 to $23.56 per hour, depending on the position classification level and the number of years an employee has been in the role. Benefit eligibility for full-time and part-time employees are outlined in our Collective Agreement. Full-time employees that are eligible will have the option to receive health and dental benefits. We also offer a matched Retirement Savings Plan (RSP).
Employee hours vary based on customer demand and location’s operating hours.
Purpose of the Job:
• Provides information and assistance related to driver examination services.
• Reviews information, determines test(s) requirements, and conducts/processes transactions and exams inside the DriveTest Centre.
• Assists in the smooth and efficient administration of examinations, including preparation of test takers entry, invigilating, the distribution of exam materials, and the collection of examinations.
• Ensures the fair and proper conduct of examinations.
• Creates a calm, professional, and supportive environment that enables applicants to perform to the best of their abilities.
• Provides Security Guard Testing (SGT) examination services support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responds to inquiries related to driver licensing, determines applicant status, and provides information regarding test/re-test procedures and regulations relating to all classes of licences.
• Distributes and verifies application forms for accuracy and completeness.
• Investigates problems or errors in licence records and initiates corrections.
• Captures applicant photos, administers vision tests to ensure minimum requirements are met, and provides referrals to vision specialists.
• Collects applicable fees accurately.
• Conducts and processes knowledge tests, dispatches road test appointments, provides results, issues temporary driver’s licences, and processes licensing changes.
• Identifies licence exchange privileges and/or test requirements for driver’s licence applicants from other countries, provinces, and jurisdictions; assesses foreign licence eligibility, translations, and letters of authentication from other countries.
• Contacts members of the public to communicate information and correct errors.
• Administers commercial licence renewals, including accepting medical examination reports and criminal record checks.
• Escalates customer concerns and redirects customers to other government agencies, when required.
• 1-4 years of customer service experience in a service environment is preferred.
• Valid class “G” of licence is required. Must have at least four years driving experience, verified based on “date first licenced” indicated on the Ontario driver’s licence.
• Must have and maintain an acceptable driving record.
• Intermediate-level computer skills in Microsoft Office are required.
• Touch-typing and data entry.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serco Canada Inc. an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Consistent with our Values, Serco Canada is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. Serco Canada will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. Military, numerous U.S. Federal Civilian Agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Government of Canada, State and Local Governments, and Commercial Clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco''s people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).