Tle Lead Inorganic Chemist supervises analytical chemists and laboratory operations. Position is based in Ft. Meade, MD.
- Performs ICP-AES and/or ICP/MS and/or AA laboratory analysis and data validation as required to maintain laboratory throughput. Evaluates operations and makes recommendations to improve operations.
- Holds planning & strategy meetings. Suggests modifications to existing protocols & standing operating procedures, equipment, processes or techniques.
- Participates in evaluation process to include set up, operation and monitoring of equipment and apparatus and more complex experimental procedures involving novel samples.
- Provides technical guidance, instruction & oversight.
- Assists with lab maintenance.
- Schedules experiments
- Summarizes & records data in official notebooks
- Orders supplies and suggests new equipment
- Maintains a safe working environment.