Enhances product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory. Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Requires a Bachelor`s degree and 2-4 years
- Ability to obtain and maintain a favorable background investigation prior to being allowed to begin work.
- 2-4 years of experience in US Navy, Afloat and/or Ashore HAZMAT management or equivalent experience. Must be knowledgeable of applicable rules, regulations and policies governing the management and control of HAZMAT.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Familiarity with a variety of Navy Logistics and HAZMAT concepts, practices, and procedures including experience with utilizing the Navy’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or the Hazardous Inventory Control for Windows (HICSWIN) software.
- Applicant must be able to coordinate ship support requirements in partnership with civilian and military stakeholders depending on ship needs and access availability with some direction provided by government sponsor/representative.
- Support a wide range of service offerings to afloat units that are homeported and visiting the area, to include briefings, technical issues, HAZMAT offloads, and HAZMAT/system training, and inspection preparation.
- Facilitate the review and dispositioning of offloaded material to the proper locations (HMC, other afloat activities, or NAVFAC for disposal) and assist with wall-to-wall inventory efforts.
- Provide HAZMAT requirements training and refresher briefings to ship’s personnel on an as-needed basis, including Safety Data Sheet maintenance, shelf-life reviews, and Type-Ship HAZMAT List (T-SHML) and SHML Feedback Report (SFR) processing.
- Prior military/HAZMAT experience
- Experience with US Navy HAZMAT systems (HICSWIN, HMIRS, FEDLOG, N-ERP)
- Experience with Afloat HAZMAT requirements and processes
- Knowledge of US Navy management methodologies and ranks
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. Military, numerous U.S. Federal Civilian Agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Government of Canada, State and Local Governments, and Commercial Clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco''s people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).