Serco is seeking a Systems Administrator IV to support DISA's GSM-O contract at Camp Humphreys, Korea.
Tasks will include:
-Maintain the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems running Redhat Linux but also includes Windows Server on a global network management system.
- Set up administrator and service accounts, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, and allocating mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installations, and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Creates, maintains, and implements detailed documentation and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Familiar with performing based on a Service Level Agreement (SLA); work is performed based on the customer Accepted Level of Performance (ALP).
- Required to support the development, documentation, and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's.
- Provides coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Provides support on a M-F business hours schedule, but also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- Be able to work in a rapid paced environment and must be able to work independently.
- Works independently to maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Approximately 10% of the job will require domestic and international travel.
- This position supports a U.S. Government contract whose terms require that applicants possess U.S. Citizenship.
- Currently possess an active DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Currently possess DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification (Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline and/or 8+ years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Linux System Administration experience.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Experience with VMware Vcenter and associated products.
- Shell scripting (e.g. bash) and experience in other languages like Perl.
- Experience with integration of Network Management (NM) and Element Management (EM) systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems.
- Experience with support systems to include enclave Ethernet switches, Storage Area Networks (SANs), and Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Thorough knowledge of networking principles to include TCP/IP.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC ITSM.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified.
- Windows Server experience.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. Military, numerous U.S. Federal Civilian Agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Government of Canada, State and Local Governments, and Commercial Clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco''s people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).