This position will require the selected candidate to live in Redzikowo, Poland to support the Navy's Aegis Ashore Missile Defense Detachment.
The ideal candidate for this position is former military or someone who served in administrative roles supporting command level personnel. Candidate must be highly experienced with MS Word, MS Excel, JPAS, DTS and DFAS accounting systems. The successful candidate's resume should highlight individual experience with each of these software/database systems.
The Administrative Support Contractor is responsible for the administration and accountability of command’s correspondence and directives, for administration and custody of officer personnel records, and for the maintenance of reports and the forms control program. He/she serves as the SME in various administration services and assists the other members of the Admin Department as needed, including but not limited to additional support with security and travel.
The On-Site Administrative Support Contractor will report to the Administrative Manager as his/her immediate Chain of Command (CoC).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and reviews correspondence for the signature or review by the Executive Officer, ensuring it conforms to the Navy Correspondence Manual, SECNAV M-5216.5 (Series), and pertinent command directives.
- Prepare standard command instructions.
- Assist crew members with completion of the Fitness Reports/Evaluations.
- Assist with the preparation of the Plan of the Week, and its review prior to submission for signature.
Designated by the command authority to serve as the Non DTS Entry Agent (NDEA) within DTS with responsibility for the following functions:
- Input and digitally sign authorizations and vouchers in DTS in lieu of the actual traveler.
- Ensure that the scheduled partial payments and GTCC expenses are allocated by accurate computation of charges, entitlements and legality of a proposed payment under the correct appropriations or funds involved.
- Successful completion of all required prerequisite and recurring training. Familiarity with portions of the Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR), Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), DOD 7000.14R Financial Management Regulations Volume 9, Chapter 2 and Volume 5, Chapter 33, and any local agency regulations.
- A signed DD-577 (Appointment Termination Record- Authorized Signature) form is required to be on file at the time of appointment.
- Provide security assistance within JPAS as an alternate.
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondence with the exception of Secret and Top Secret, unless also designated as Security Manager and Top Secret Control Officer, to ensure it is expeditiously routed and accounted.
- Advise members of the AAMDS command and the NAVSEA FIT on proper format of correspondence.
- With the exception of Naval Warfare Publications, maintain an on-site reference library of all publications required for ship's administration. Maintain a master list of all publications and their location.
- Control the reproduction and issuance of directives signed by the CO or XO. Maintain the command's on-site central directives files.
- Be responsible for officer personnel record administration.
- Supervise the distribution, handling, preparation, and forwarding of officer fitness reports and enlisted evaluations.
- Administer the officer personnel accounting system.
- Maintain official case files.
- Support the completion of SAAR forms by validating the security clearance status for all personnel and providing security manager signature.
- Coordinate and resolve administrative discrepancies associated with Permanent Change of Station (PCS) and Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) travel orders directly with the Bureau of Personnel (BUPERS) and other Navy units as required on behalf of Aegis Ashore.
- Process area access clearances for Command and assist personnel in obtaining security badges for access to various areas of the facilities.
- Initiate command security clearances/updates.
- Provide support to personnel transferring into or out of the command.
- Provide personnel record updates to Personnel Support Detachment (PSD) via TOPS.
- Support military identification card processing.
- Support Temporary Duty order preparation and coordination.