- Garbage collection from PMQ's, Mess Hall, Trade Shops, and clean up grounds.
- Perform snow removal in accordance with SNIC Plan.
- Perform grass cutting in accordance with Grass Cutting Plan.
- Perform landscape maintenance.
- Assist with repairs to concrete and asphalt surfaces on the Airfield and on Domestic roads.
- Repair/replace signage on Domestic roads and on the Airfield.
- Required to assist Trade Shops.
- Lifting heavy materials/equipment in performance of duties.
- Operating light vehicles as required with proper licensing.
- Operate light vehicles such as 44 Passenger Buss, Taxi and Ambulance.
- Operate specialized equipment such as ride-on lawn mowers, power saws, hedge trimmer, 60LB buster, farm tractor, bobcat loader, snow blower, JLG lift, forklift, turf sweeper, etc.
- Operate communication equipment for Airfield & Domestic operations.
- Dress accordingly.
- Provide courteous service to clients.
- Responsible for recording time daily in TMA.
- Required to keep accurate logs for pickup and delivery of passengers and cargo.
- Security clearance required to pick up and deliver mail.
- Keep shop and work areas clean and store equipment in designated areas.
- Required to work at remote locations.
- Clean vehicles for Serco and DND users as required.
- Ensure all assigned deliverables and other reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Visibly demonstrate Serco Values and work practices while completing duties.
- Other related duties relevant to this position as may be required.
- Some secondary school education.
- Possession of a valid NL Driver’s License Class 5 is required (Class 2 and 4 with 9 Endorsement would be an asset).
- Possession of or the ability to obtain and maintain a Ramp Defensive Driving Course (DND/RDDC) certification to operate vehicles on the airfield is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Enhanced Reliability security clearance is required. May be required to upgrade to Secret Level II (dependent upon customer’s security requirements).
- Ability to obtain DND 404 to operate Government owned vehicles (CFR Plated Equipment).
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening test.
- Hourly Rate $23.49. Term position 40 hours per week
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed