As the, Systems Administrator, Diego Garcia Serco-NA, in conjunction with the newly formed United States Space Force (USSF) you will be responsible for tracking all man-made objects in orbit.
This mission is vital to keeping existing satellites safe and to provide critical information to organizations launching new satellites in the future. One of the assets USSF uses to accomplish this mission is the Ground-based Electro Optical Deep Space Surveillance (GEODSS) System.
This optical sensor is employed at three (3) different locations around the world (White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico; Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territory; and Maui, Hawaii) and helps track the objects in deep space orbit (altitude of 10,000 to 45,000 km).
Come join the team that provides this service to United States. You will help operate and maintain three (3), one-meter telescopes equipped with highly sensitive digital cameras. You’ll respond to Government tasking to obtain metric observations of specific objects daily and help maintain the sensors, support equipment, and the facility that houses it at Detachment 2, Naval Support Facility in Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT).
This is a unique worksite, so being a part of the Serco-NA GEODSS Team, you will be offered Special Incentives:
- Free Internet,
- Meal allowances,
- Competitive salaries,
- Retention Bonus,
- Paid Time-Off, and many more.
As the, Systems Administrator, at Diego Garcia your duties and responsibilities (include but is not limited to the following):
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repair of assigned electro-optical, electro-mechanical, communications and video equipment in accordance with instructions, procedures, and directives.
- Use error logs, operational logs and maintenance documentation to analyze O&M performance and effectiveness.
- Maintain data processing software, database and system files; Perform software installation and system reconfiguration; Maintain system administration related documentation.
- Provide communications and networking support; Troubleshoot software-related outages, back up data, and restore operations; Detect and correct faulty computer systems processes and replace, restore and/or delete corrupt or faulty files.
- Request Technical Order changes and improvements through the proper channels using the appropriate forms, regulation, and procedures.
- Perform EMSEC inspections, gather EMSEC data.
- Perform small computer installation and maintenance including installation, checkout, and administration.
- Provide, monitor and control user accounts and access to assure GEODSS system integrity and operability.
- Synchronize Data Processing Group and Sensor Control Group computers to Universal Time Coordinated (UTC).
- Complete calibrations of optical sensors; Conduct mount calibrations to assure mission accomplishment.
- Monitor disk space/fragmentation and balance disks; Perform Periodic Maintenance of mission system software.
- Implement and maintain an annual Mission System Software Maintenance Plan.
- Maintain continuity of site operations by performing actions such as electronics racks resets, sensor controller reboots, sensor power up and power down, sensor brakes resets, communications patch panel reconfigurations, emergency generator operation, and bring up and shut down SOC systems within the site's privileges.
- Assure servers, workstations and communications devices are backed up for catastrophic recovery and change management rollbacks.
- Perform inventory control and accounts for mission computer equipment; Conduct annual physical inventory of all Government-furnished IT equipment; Submit end-user IT equipment requirements.
- As Unit Cybersecurity Representative report threats, vulnerabilities, and security incidents to the customer and network service provider; submit incident and status reports; clean or sanitize information systems as required
- Comply with all service provider network security notices in the timeframe specified and report completion
- Validate user access privilege levels and special handling requirements; perform user account management
- Perform annual Cyberspace Defense Analysis self-assessments, document results.
- Act as KMI Operating Account Agent (KOAA).
- Manage & secure COMSEC material; Report known or suspected COMSEC deviations/incidents to the KOAM.
- Coordinate any local changes impacting the Mission System RMF package.
- Interface with other Contractors and Government agencies in support of GEODSS and related systems; attend meetings and conferences as required; provide testing support to Government and sustainment contractor.