Serco is Hiring Certified Public Accountants to support the Federal Emergency Management Agency Public Assistance recovery initiatives in Zone 2 across the Midwest. This position will consist of professional and non-professional personnel to provide support to state, tribal, territorial local governments, and some private non-profits. Serco strives to provide support quickly and efficiently to FEMA’s mission by providing assistance to those effected by man-made and natural disasters.
Duties and Responsibilities (but are not limited to):
- Reviewing applicant labor policies, pay rates, and fringe benefit information
- Reviewing timesheets and employee work logs
- Making recommendations and preparing plans, procedures, and directives relating to FEMA's Financial
Management System and related financial management functions.
- Analyzes invoices, construction bids, and other supporting documentation for construction costs.
- Providing financial analysis and consulting services in support of the Public Assistance Division’s
Community Disaster Loan Program.
- Meeting with local governmental officials with the purpose of evaluating the local governments’ eligibility for a Community Disaster Loan(s)
- Assisting the local governments with their Community Disaster Loan application(s); making recommendations on Community Disaster Loan amounts; requesting yearly financial audit files and supporting documentation from each active loan applicant
- Provide governmental accounting expertise to perform financial evaluations and make recommendations on disbursement of funds based on eligibility regulations
- Evaluate the local governments’ financial conditions and making recommendations to FEMA regarding Community Disaster Loan cancellation amounts; supporting FEMA’s pre-cancellation activities, which include outreach and planning
- Work with FEMA and local governments on financial reconciliation; providing support on appeal activities to include research, analyses, cost estimation, review, writing decision paper and providing recommendations based upon historical data; and generating visual and written reports and briefings for reporting, tracking, performance monitoring, and other related purpose.