Serco is Hiring Estimators with commercial construction experience to support the Federal Emergency Management Agency Public Assistance recovery initiatives in Zone 2 across the Midwest. This position will consist of professional and non-professional personnel to provide support to state, tribal, territorial local governments, and some private non-profits. Serco strives to provide support quickly and efficiently to FEMA’s mission by providing assistance to those effected by man-made and natural disasters.
Duties and Responsibilities (but are not limited to):
- Develop cost estimates for infrastructure projects
- Evaluate applicant-provided cost claims for reasonableness
- Review information provided and identifying additional information needed
- Research, review and update equipment rates used in reimbursing applicants for the use of applicant
owned equipment while performing eligible work
- Develop and validate the Scope of Work (SOW) and Cost Estimate for to-be-completed work based on
Site Inspection Reports (SIR)
- Provid Damage Descriptions and Dimensions (DDD)
- Enter projects into the Grants Manager (GM) system and ensuring the developed DDD, SOW, and cost
are consistent with each other and adequately supported by source documentation.
- Utilize standard sampling methodology to verify projects.
- Document the requirements necessary to complete the project in a Request for Information (RFI) while
working with the PDMG and the Task Force Lead to resolve outstanding requests
- Perform peer reviews of projects formulated by other team members