Serco is Hiring Commercial Insurance Specialists to provide support to the Federal Emergency Management Agency Public Assistance recovery initiatives in Zone 2 across the Midwest. This position will consist of professional and non-professional personnel to provide support to state, tribal, territorial local governments, and some private non-profits. Serco strives to provide support quickly and efficiently to FEMA’s mission by providing assistance to those effected by man-made and natural disasters.
Duties and Responsibilities (but are not limited to):
- Review commercial property insurance documentation, including final settlement information, and
identifying additional information needed
- Determine the amount of actual or estimated insurance proceeds for the work
- Ensure there is no duplication of benefits in grant funding that is provided by insurance coverage
- Determine future insurance requirements for the damaged facility
- Determine any National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) requirements
- Review requests to modify insurance requirements
- Provide support to the Public Assistance (PA) program delivery to Applicants by applying statutory and regulatory insurance requirements during Program Compliance Reviews.
- Provide accurate accounting of calculations and methodologies used to complete the insurance review in the Grants Manager system.
- Safeguard against duplicating the benefits Applicants receive from any other sources, including insurance
- Validate that the Applicant has obtained and maintained the appropriate levels and types of insurance coverage as required by law before determining the amount of net eligible PA funding for eligible
but insured elements.