Serco Canada Inc. operates all the DriveTest Centres across Ontario on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation. As a customer service agent with Serco Canada Inc., you will be based out of one of our 56 Ontario DriveTest Centres. If you are a positive and professional team player who enjoys working with the public in a high energy environment, rewarding job opportunities await you at Serco Canada Inc.
Customer service agents are responsible for assisting and conducting examinations for Security Guard Testing, and Verbal Proctor and Observation Car driver. Customer service agents must have excellent time management and organizational skills and exercise superior judgment skills. We require individuals who can work independently, meet deadlines, and strive to achieve customer satisfaction in all aspects of their work.
Purpose of the Job:
• To provide support to the Security Guard Testing (SGT) examination process.
• To ensure the fair and proper conduct of examinations in an environment that enables candidates to perform at their best.
• To assist in the smooth and efficient administration of examinations.
• Drive the observation car for M2 exit road tests, if applicable
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• To support the invigilation of the weekly, weeknights and weekend SGT operations of examination centers by being familiar with the policies and procedures demonstrated within the training received.
• This includes setting up examination rooms and laying out the examination materials in accordance with strict procedures; assisting test takers prior to start of the examination by directing them to their seats and advising them about personal possessions permitted in the examination rooms, responding to administrative requests (i.e. no test content inquiries).
• Closely following and enforcing exam procedures and regulations; checking attendance prior to examinations, validating ID’s(i.e. 2 pieces of identification, certificates, utilizing a prepared script to provide important information/test rules and procedures).
• Supervising test takers leaving examination room, ensuring they do not remove equipment or exam material from the room, ensure no talking during the exam sitting, collecting exams and material after completion and reporting incidents of misconduct; handle irregularities in accordance with strict procedures.
• Set up headsets for class M road tests; i.e., replace ear plugs, test radio volumes and ensure the radios are secure on applicant, if applicable.
• Ensuring vehicle maintenance prior to examination, if applicable.
• To safely drive the observation car while the Driver Examiner administers a class M road test with the applicant.
• 1-4 years of customer service experience in a service environment is preferred.
• Valid class “G” of licence is required. Must have at least four years driving experience, verified based on “date first licenced” indicated on the Ontario driver’s licence. Must have and maintain an acceptable driving record.
• Intermediate-level computer skills in Microsoft Office are required.
• Touch-typing and data entry.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serco Canada Inc. an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Consistent with our Values, Serco Canada is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. Serco Canada will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.