Serco is seeking an experienced program manager who is looking for an opportunity to lead a top-performing cadre of unsung heroes supporting our Sailors and ships by orchestrating support for Fleet units and systems. The successful candidate will be well versed in coordinating simultaneous activities in a dynamic environment with evolving tasking. Expertise with and knowledge of Navy logistics systems, and proficiency with senior level reporting is essential. Prior experience managing $5 to $7 million projects or programs in a contracting environment is highly desirable. Candidates with prior Navy logistics or supply support (SUPPO or senior LS) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with Serco’s customers to identify and define multi-disciplinary logistics issues, and develop innovative solutions
• Manage the development and implementation of policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure effective and cost-effective support for NAVSEA logistics processes
• Manage a workforce that supports all surface, non-nuclear ship classes and supporting ILS processes
- Manage subordinate management and support the accomplishment of simultaneous and complex processes and tasks crossing multiple disciplines
• Ensure the timely preparation and delivery of tracking and status reports in support of delivery commitments
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and stakeholders; ensure compliance with quality assurance and security requirements
• Ensure compliance with contract requirements
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in business, management, or related field with 10-15 years of relevant work experience in the Navy or supporting Navy surface ships. At least 10 years of relevant logistics experience. Desire
five years of NAVSEA Program Office experience. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Leadership and management skills as evidenced by previous work experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required; proficiency with MS Access, Project, and Visio preferred.
• Strong customer service orientation.
An Active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).