As the, Marine Electrician IV Chesapeake, VA HOR, you will work on a team supporting cabling, equipment, and C5ISR system installations. You will join, fabricate, and assemble various electromechanical and electronic assemblies by applying appropriate safety techniques and the work is performed onboard U.S. Naval Ships and military installations. Home of Record is in Chesapeake, VA.
You will play a critical role in ensuring that successful and safe work is performed onboard U.S. Naval Ships and our Military installations which is vital to our Mission to protect and serve our Military.
As the, Marine Electrician IV, Chesapeake, VA HOR, you will perform the following typical tasks:
- Perform non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project.
- Select and adapt plans, techniques, designs, or layouts.
- Contact personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work; reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others.
- Supervisor or professional engineer outlines objectives, requirements, and design approaches; completed work is reviewed for technical adequacy and satisfaction of requirements.
- Train and be assisted by lower level technicians.
- Perform at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as: Designs, develops, and constructs major units, devices, or equipment; conducts tests or experiments; analyzes results and redesigns or modifies equipment to improve performance; and reports results. From general guidelines and specifications (e.g., size or weight requirements), develops designs for equipment without critical performance requirements which are difficult to satisfy such as engine parts, research instruments, or special purpose circuitry.
- Analyze technical data to determine applicability to design problems; selects from several possible design layouts; calculates design data; and prepares layouts, detailed specifications, parts lists, estimates, procedures, etc.
- Check and analyze drawings or equipment to determine adequacy of drawings and design.
- Plan or assist in planning tests to evaluate equipment performance.
- Determine test requirements, equipment modification, and test procedures; conducts tests using all types of instruments; analyzes and evaluates test results, and prepares reports on findings and recommendation
- Perform assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- Select or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents.
- Receive initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed; performs recurring work independently; work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions.
- Perform at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as: Constructs components, subunits, or simple models or adapts standard equipment.
- Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions.
- Follow specific layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices and subunits of equipment.
- Conduct various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement; selects, sets up, and operates standard test equipment and records test data.
- Extract and compile a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc.; processes data, identifying errors or inconsistencies; selects methods of data presentation.
- Assist in design modification by compiling data related to design, specifications, and materials which are pertinent to specific items of equipment or component parts.
- Develop information concerning previous operational failures and modifications.
- Use judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek sources to clarify information.
- Perform simple or routine tasks or tests such as tensile or hardness tests; operates and adjusts simple test equipment; records test data.
- Gather and maintains specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.; performs computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas; plots data and draws simple curves and graphs.
- Rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and you will typically report to a supervisor.
- You will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a safe work environment.