- Policy and procedure development experience
- Demonstrated understanding of change management practices
- Experience delivering training to front-line leadership
- Experience in partnering with the business effectively in a unionized environment
- Experience in providing HR support where employees and management may be widely dispersed
- Experience conductiing workplace investigations and recommending appropriate action
- Previous experience with contract bids, government contracting and merger and acquisition experience an asset
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite, HRIS etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain required security clearances, background checks etc.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A university degree with at least 3-5 years progressive experience in Human Resources/Labour Relations
- Experience leading/managing an HR Team
- CHRP/CHRL designation
- Thorough understanding of the Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act and related legislation or Canada Labour Code as relevant
Health & Safety, Environmental:
- Compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to the operations including occupational health and safety, environmental, and quality.
- Completes research projects as required by management.
Performs other tasks as assigned by management