This cleared Network Engineering Tech III position will be supporting the buildup and modernization of facilities across Colorado Springs. You will be part of a team that works closely with the customer and other Serco teams to deliver quality systems.
The Engineering Technician III works on a team supporting structured cabling installations. Performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed. Selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents. The Engineering Technician III receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed; performs recurring work independently; work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions.
In this role you will be working in clearance required facilities:
• Contribute in all phases of the infrastructure installation or upgrade
• Pulling and dressing of Category and Fiber Optic cabling
• Installation of racks, cable conveyance, and all peripheral equipment
• Rack and Stacking of equipment in racks
• Termination of copper cable up to CAT6A and SM/MM Fiber single strand to MPO/MTP
• Solving issues related to cables and networks
• Testing and recording of all cables
To be successful in this role, you will have to:
Clearance – Must have an Active and Current DoD Secret Level Security Clearance
Educational Requirement Requires High School diploma /GED
Certification Requirements (Preferred by not required)
• Preference given to candidates with current Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Installer 1
• Preference given to candidates with current BICSI ITS Installer 2 Copper or Fiber certification (or equivalent)
• Preference given to candidates with current AVIXA CTS certification
• At least five years of experience in installing, and troubleshooting issues related to secure/non-secure voice, video, data, and cable infrastructure.
• Work will be performed inside a large government facility.
• Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
• May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
• General office equipment, which includes telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
• Copper and Fiber Termination equipment, Copper and Fiber Test Equipment
• Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders, and test equipment.
• May require operating motor vehicles.
• Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
• Position may require night and weekend work
• You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
Other Essential Functions
• Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a highpressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military, and contractor personnel at all levels.
• Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Grooming and dress must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
• Must have reliable transportation to Peterson Air Force Base
Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged to apply!