Serco Inc is looking for a Project Control Analyst to join our team. You will participate in the planning, tracking, analysis and reporting of performance on projects of varying contract type, size, complexity and level of risk. The Project Controller is a key member of the program team and works directly with the Program Manager to help define the project's goals and objectives; and recommends actions to improve progress and performance. You will have significant interface with Program/Project Managers, senior technical staff, as well as other functional organizations including contracts, finance, accounts receivable, subcontract management and procurement.
Hybrid Role based out of Washington, DC
In this role you will:
- Provide cost, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring and analysis support to Program Managers including Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and development of time-phased budgets and schedules.
- Lead project set up in compliance with contractual terms, conditions and requirements.
- Prepare program financial Estimates at Complete (EAC) and meet deadlines for submission requirements.
- Identify project risks and opportunities and provide analytical contribution in working resolution with PM, Contracts, Procurement and Finance/Accounting.
- Review and assess all contract modifications. Advise the program management team of impacts as necessary.
- Monitor costs and manpower on a weekly basis ensuring that actuals are within budget and charged to the correct job number. Process cost transfers as required.
- Perform analytical review and arithmetic checks of cost reporting documentation.
- Prepare accurate and complete variance analysis and reporting.
- Prepare/Support Internal Program Review (IPR) presentations for management.
- Prepare financial Contract Data Requirements (CDRL) for programs. Ensure contractual requirements are met and customer financial deliverables are accurate and on time.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis on the contract as requested by PMO and others.
-Monitor funding status, providing reliable and timely notification of funding status by line item detail as required.
-Support accounts receivable as required during the billing processing. Monitor billing status and unbilled issues, working with Finance, Contracts, Accounting and PMO to resolve issues in a timely manner.
-Prepare subcontractor and vendor accruals as services/goods are received in accordance with GAAP and internal policies to ensure that the project´s cost/commitment is accurately captured and reported internally and externally.
-Ensure program revenue and profit is recorded in compliance with the EAC.
-Analyze profit risks and opportunities and advise management on the optimal path forward.
-Ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley, FAR and all company policies and procedures as they related to contract performance and financials.
-Provides guidance to less experienced Project Controllers.
-Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To Be Successful in this role you will have:
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Program Management related field plus 2 to 5 years of Program Control or related and progressive experience with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline is required.
If you want to join a great company and be a key member of the program team apply now for immediate consideration.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email Agencies@serco-na.com.
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable requirements regarding COVID-19 regulations, including COVID-19 vaccinations and testing requirements.
Positions supporting US Federal contracts located within the continental United States (including corporate support positions): Pursuant to Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors), Serco requires covered employees and new hires, whether working at a customer site, working remotely, or working in a Serco facility, to be fully vaccinated (two weeks from last/only inoculation) by January 4, 2022 and provide valid documentation of their vaccination status (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).
Canada, state/provincial or OCONUS based contracts and positions: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).